1. Apply a broad, firm bandage over the bite as soon
as possible. Keep the bitten area still.
2. The bandage should be as tight as you would apply to a
3. Extend the bandages as high as possible.
4. Apply a splint to the limb.
5. Bind it firmly to as much of the limb as possible.
6. Bites on the hand or forearm.
a) Bind to elbow with bandages. b) Use splint to elbow. c) Use sling.
Caution: The pressure bandages must not occlude the
circulation (the fingers/toes beyond the bandage should remain pink and
with normal sensation). The bandage should be left in place until proper
medical support is available.